Follow Your Dreams

Follow Your Dreams

Thursday, March 2, 2017

Never without Hope


Definitely edgy Christian fiction. To be frank, I had a difficult time connecting with the main character when she was in the midst of her sin. I just didn’t like it. Even so, the writer did an excellent job of showcasing her inner turmoil as she struggled against temptation. I believe an author has done their job when the reader gets angry about the story line. Either they don’t like a character, they don’t like what is happening to the character, or they don’t like what the character is doing. This means the reader is invested in the character, and that’s a good thing.
Once things spiraled out of control, I became enthralled with the character’s journey to redemption and restoration. Never without Hope is a realistic portrait of God’s imperfect people, made perfect in His love. This story is relatable, uplifting, and encouraging. I am excited to find Christian fiction filled with realistic characters with real world problems. I would recognize this book to anyone looking for good fiction.

Darlene Pryor

No comments:

Post a Comment